We’re a few days late with our year-end blog post (mostly because Lila has been sick since last year), but now we’re ready to share some stats, thank our supporters, and make some writing resolutions for 2013.
Where We’ve Been
The first post on PopularSoda was March 26th, 2012. Since then, we’ve had 28 posts, 77 real comments, and 1,547 spam comments. Our most active commenter was erotica author Antoinette M. Anne R. Allen, Simon Crump, and Roxanne Crouse were also active on the site. Pete Ingham was an amazing help in launching PopularSoda and we are so grateful for his help. Thank you, and all our commenters and friends, for your feedback, experiences, and opinions.
Our most popular post of 2012 was What the Guardian (and Ewan Morrison) Got Wrong About Ebooks. Fun fact: Lila wrote this post in the wee hours of morning after staying out all night at a friend’s birthday party.
We’re most proud of the international makeup of our audience: we had visitors from 76 countries.
Where We’re Going
We plan to be even bigger and better in 2013. Here are our writing goals and resolutions:
- Post more frequently and on a regular schedule
- Host guest posters (if you’d like to write a guest post for us, contact email@example.com)
- Continue to work with our ebook friends while getting to know new players in the ebook game
- Foster a sense of community by highlighting independent, self-publishing ebook authors who are doing it right
- Create free, useful, and crowd-sourced resources for independent authors
- Improve and update our Facebook page
- Stop editing all of our images in Paint to avoid giving heart attacks to our graphic-designer friends
- Finally explain the deal with all those soda bottles!
We’re grateful to all those who connected with us in 2012, and we can’t wait to see what 2013 will bring!